Sunday, June 7, 2009

A Prayer List

I have not lost my faith.  Not for a second.  (See last post).  Today, I ask that you pray for me, that I keep my faith.  I also would like to tell you about the people in my life who mean a great deal to me and need our prayers.

Evan - my dear friend who has gotten himself into quite a situation.  He really is a good boy; he's just lost his way.  Today, he is first and foremost on my mind.  We haven't known each other all that long, but he gets me...and I get him.  I only hope we'll help each other.  So please, pray for Evan; that he finds his way and learns from his mistakes.  Please pray also, that we always remain friends, and if anything, grow closer.

Ashley - my uncle's girlfriend who needs to get the h*** out of here and find someone worth her time.  My uncle is NOT worth her time.  They are about 40 years apart in age, and she is MY AGE!  I don't know what she sees in him, honestly.  He's a mean hearted, horrible person, honestly.  She is a beautiful, intelligent, sweet girl who needs someone her age who appreciates her for who she is.  Not just parade her around like some trophy.  He RUINED her birthday yesterday, and she deserves so much better.  She hits close to home for me because I know what it's like to be completely enamored with a man who treats you like dirt; like he owns you.  Yet every night you cry yourself to sleep because even if you don't know why, you love him...with every fiber of your being.  Please pray for Ashley; that she realizes how wonderful she is and lets him go.  That she finds the man of her dreams and lives happily ever after; she deserves it.

Jaclyn - my fellow Baby Lost Mama, whose son Zachary passed away after 18 incredibly precious and inspirational days of life.  Pray that she has another baby.  Pray that she remains as wonderful as she always was.  Pray that she keeps her faith, in spite of all she's been through.  And most of all, thank her for helping me to get through the hardest thing I've ever been through in my life.

Mom (Carrie) - my mother, who is absolutely the best friend I've ever had.  She has lost so much in life, and always gets through it with a smile.  She never stopped loving my father when they divorced; and as soon as they started to think about being together again...my father passed away.  No one took it as hard as my mother did.  She spends every day of her life kissing my uncle's a** and taking care of my father's mother.  That family has been horrible to her; and she wakes up every day and takes care of everything they need...again, with a smile.  She lost a baby at 19, just like I did.  A stillborn daughter who she never spoke of until I talked about Trevor.  She has raised my sister, my brother and I to be strong and elegant.  (We try!)  She is the best role model I could ask for.  I never once wished my mother was anything else (as many teenagers do).  I only thanked God every day for letting me know her.  Please pray that she always knows how much she's accomplished in life.  Pray that she knows how much her children love her and value everything she's done for us.  Pray that she sees how amazing she is; and knows she's worth so much more than what she's been given.

Erica - my cousin, who's pregnant with her second child and currently getting evicted from her one-bedroom apartment.  Her husband is a useless, cold-hearted man who doesn't give her any help.  She's had multiple miscarriages and finally had her miracle daughter 3 years ago.  This newest pregnancy, while a welcomed miracle, was unexpected.  She wants to be excited, but she is worried about how she will provide for a second child, when the child she has is sleeping in the same room as them; and she's losing her apartment, anyway.  She was fired 2 weeks after getting pregnant and has been unable to find work.  Her husband got a pay cut, as well as a cut in hours and works an hour away from home.  No one they know can really help, me included.  Please pray that she has a happy, healthy baby.  Please pray that they find a place to live for their family.  Pray then, that she has the strength to carry on.

There are many other people who I would love you to pray for.  In brief, I will give you their names, in no particular order:

Sarah W
Peyton
Grandma D
Grandma R
Kaleigh
Jon
Austin
Josh
Audrey
Sarah S
Taylor
Demitry
Ash
Uncle Pete
Kelly
Auntie Pam
Uncle Willie
Jessica
Brandon
Stephen
Cory
Shepherd
Zac
Chris
Courtney
Mike
Charlie
Isaac
Nikki
Natalie
Ezra
Penelope
River
Viggo
Everett
Monroe
Steve
Jordan
Ronnie
James
Bill
Helena D
Helena J
Elijah
Aunt Rose

Thank you in advance for your thoughts and prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones